2074 Gold Coast Highway
Presented by: Chris Rodgers, the owner of Experimax Southport. Experimax is a Network Partner for an Australian Government initiative, Be connected program. They provide free Tech workshops predominately for people over their 50’s. The store is located in Australia Fair Shopping Centre, Southport. They offer free one-on-one tech sessions in store Monday to Saturday. No appointments necessary.
RSVP: To RSVP email firstname.lastname@example.org
Workshop Overview: Microsoft Excel is one of the most used software applications of all time. You can use Excel to enter all sorts of data and perform financial, mathematical or statistical calculations. Topics to be covered in this workshop include:
- Range: A range in Excel is a collection of two or more cells. Formulas and Functions: A formula is an expression which calculates the value of a cell.
- Ribbon: Excel selects the ribbon’s Home tab when you open it.
- Workbook: A workbook is another word for your Excel file. Worksheets: A worksheet is a collection of cells where you keep and manipulate the data.
- Format Cells: changes the appearance of a number without changing the number itself.
- Find & Select: Learn how to use Excel’s Find, Replace and Go To Special feature.
- Templates: Instead of creating an Excel workbook from scratch, you can create a workbook based on a template.
- Data Validation: Use data validation in Excel to make sure that users enter certain values into a cell.
- Keyboard Shortcuts: allow you to do things with your keyboard instead of your mouse to increase your speed.
- Print: This chapter teaches you how to print a worksheet.
- Share: show how to share Excel data with Word documents and other files
- Protect: Encrypt an Excel file with a password so that it requires a password to open it.