Terms and Conditions for the 2020 Gold Coast Volunteer Awards
Updated 1 October 2020
1. All nominees must agree to the below terms and conditions to be a part of the Gold Coast Volunteer Awards.
2. The Gold Coast Volunteer Awards are held to reward and recognise volunteers, not-for-profit organisations and organisations with diversity and inclusion initiatives on the Gold Coast and organised by Volunteering Gold Coast (VGC).
3. Due to the Qld Government’s directions regarding Covid-19, the 2020 Gold Coast Volunteer Awards will not be held in its originally planned gala dinner format; but instead be delivered digitally and via radio through VGC’s media partner 102.9 Hot Tomato.
4. Sponsorship packages are available for corporates and are validated via a signed contract.
5. There are six categories in the Gold Coast Volunteer Awards:
i. Gold Coast Volunteer of the Year
ii. Gold Coast Youth Volunteer of the Year (under 18)
iii. Gold Coast Community Organisation of the Year
iv. Gold Coast Community Project of the Year
v. Gold Coast Diversity and Inclusion Initiative of the Year
vi. Gold Coast Corporate Social Impact Award
6. Nominations are open to the whole Gold Coast Community. Each nominee must be Gold Coast based and relevant to the category they have been nominated for.
7. Multiple nominations for a volunteer or organisation may be submitted. However, finalists and winners for each category will be chosen based on a scoring process, not by voting or strategy.
8. All entries are reviewed by the VGC Marketing Team to ascertain authenticity and eligibility.
9. Entries are then reviewed by the judging panel, consisting of a VGC Board Member, an internal staff member and three external partners, that have no affiliation with the entrants.
10. The top three (3) finalists will be selected based on an individual scoring system. Each finalist will be determined based on the top 3 scores for each category. If there is a draw in any of the scores, the judges will reconvene, rescore and agree on the entrant’s result.
11. Finalists will be announced on VGC’s social media channels, VGC’s website and live on 102.9 Hot Tomato breakfast radio show on Monday 9 November 2020. Finalists will be notified by a VGC Marketing team member prior to the announcement via phone or email.
12. The winner for each category will be chosen from a panel of five (5) judges. Judges, which consists of one (1) VGC Board Member, two (1) VGC Staff member and three (3) external VGC partners and will be given a score card and provide a score for each nominee in each category.
13. From the three (3) finalists in each category, the finalist with the highest score for each category will be the winner for that category. If in the instance where a tie takes place, the judges will reconvene to make a final decision.
14. The judge’s decisions are final and cannot be altered, unless a defamatory or criminal circumstance has been identified or if submissions are deemed to be fabricated or false.
15. The winners for each category will be announced live on 102.9 Hot Tomato’s breakfast radio show Friday 4 December 2020 as well as VGC’s social media channels and website.
16. All finalists will be sent a certificate. The winners will be given a trophy and a prize. The prizes are donated by our sponsors.
17. All finalists and winners must be prepared and willing to participate in media and marketing opportunities presented through the Gold Coast Volunteer Awards; including but not limited to radio and TV appearances, interviews and posts on social media and website.
18. VGC shall not be held liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss), or for any personal injury sustained in connection with the prize; except for liability which cannot be excluded by law.
19. Each nominee’s personal information is collected to enable VGC to administer and promote the Gold Coast Volunteer Awards, the nominees, finalists and winners.
20. By providing this personal information you agree to receiving VGC e-newsletters or electronic direct mail about VGC’s products or services. This can be opted out at any time.
21. Nominators and Nominees personal information will not be given to any third party, unless personally contacted and agreed upon i.e. a media company wanting to interview a nominee, finalist or winner.
22. All information collected by nominees will be only used by Volunteering Gold Coast to promote, advocate and communicate about volunteering, unless otherwise agreed upon at that time.
23. All nominees become the property of VGC. As such, VGC is the owner of all copyright and other intellectual property in the award process.