Please note: Judges will be looking for any significant, inspiring or outstanding achievements made by the volunteer, their generosity of time, resources and energy and their commitment to the Gold Coast community.
Terms and Conditions for the 2021 Gold Coast Volunteer Awards
1. All nominees must agree to the below terms and conditions to be a part of the Gold Coast Volunteer Awards.
2. The Gold Coast Volunteer Awards are held to reward and recognise volunteers, not-for-profit organisations and organisations with diversity and inclusion initiatives on the Gold Coast and organised by Volunteering Gold Coast (VGC).
3. Sponsorship packages are available for corporates and are validated via a signed contract.
4. There are six categories in the Gold Coast Volunteer Awards:
i. Gold Coast Volunteer of the Year
ii. Gold Coast Youth Volunteer of the Year (under 18)
iii. Gold Coast Community Organisation of the Year
iv. Gold Coast Community Project of the Year
v. Gold Coast Diversity and Inclusion Initiative of the Year
vi. Gold Coast Corporate Social Impact Award
5. Nominations are open to the whole Gold Coast Community. Each nominee must be Gold Coast based and relevant to the category they have been nominated for.
6. Multiple nominations for a volunteer or organisation may be submitted. However, finalists and winners for each category will be chosen based on a scoring process, not by voting or strategy.
7. All entries are reviewed by Volunteering Gold Coast Staff to ascertain authenticity and eligibility.
8. Entries are then reviewed by the judging panel, consisting of a VGC Board Member, an internal VGC staff member and two external partners, with no affiliation with the entrants.
9. The top three (3) finalists will be selected based on an individual scoring system. Each finalist will be determined based on the top 3 scores for each category. If there is a draw in any of the scores, the judges will reconvene, rescore and agree on the entrant’s result.
10. Finalists will be announced on VGC’s marketing channels and the media, on 9 November 2021. Finalists will be notified by a VGC Marketing team member prior to the announcement via phone or email.
11. The winner for each category will be chosen from a panel of four (4) judges. Judges, which consists of one (1) VGC Board Member, two (1) VGC Staff member and two (2) external VGC partners and will be given a score card and provide a score for each nominee in each category.
12. From the three (3) finalists in each category, the finalist with the highest score for each category will be the winner for that category. If in the instance where a tie takes place, the judges will reconvene to make a final decision.
13. The judge’s decisions are final and cannot be altered, unless a defamatory or criminal circumstance has been identified or if submissions are deemed to be fabricated or false.
14. The winners for each category will be announced at the Gold Coast Volunteer Awards Gala Dinner, at HOTA on Saturday 4th December, VGC marketing channels and via media channels, post the event on 5th December onwards.
15. All finalists will be sent a certificate. The winners will be given a trophy and a prize. The prizes are donated by our sponsors.
16. All finalists and winners must be prepared and willing to participate in media and marketing opportunities presented through the Gold Coast Volunteer Awards; including but not limited to radio and TV appearances, interviews and posts on social media and website.
17. VGC shall not be held liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss), or for any personal injury sustained in connection with the prize; except for liability which cannot be excluded by law.
18. Each nominee’s personal information is collected to enable VGC to administer and promote the Gold Coast Volunteer Awards, the nominees, finalists and winners.
19. By providing this personal information you agree to receiving VGC e-newsletters or electronic direct mail about VGC’s products or services. This can be opted out at any time.
20. Nominators and Nominees personal information will not be given to any third party, unless personally contacted and agreed upon i.e. a media company wanting to interview a nominee, finalist or winner.
21. All information collected by nominees will be only used by Volunteering Gold Coast to promote, advocate and communicate about volunteering, unless otherwise agreed upon at that time.
22. All nominees become the property of VGC. As such, VGC is the owner of all copyright and other intellectual property in the award process.